Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Forgive or Not to Forgive, That is the Question.

Situation- A teenager takes his or her own life to escape adolescent pressures.

I think that someone who takes their life in general should not be forgiven. I am being raised to believe that when you commit suicide you are automatically going to Hell because God doesn't want people to take their own lives. For example, my cousin had a friend that couldn't take the bullying anymore so she decided she would take the easy way out and cut her wrists. Instead of just ignoring everyone who hurt her she decided she would just leave it all. Her bullying wasn't even that bad. It was so unharsh that she didn't even ask anyone for help. Now she's gone. That is a good reason why I believe that being an adolescent and killing yourself is not a forgiven sin. I think that if you are a teenager and you kill yourself you're just taking the easy way out and you are not facing your problems. It is better to receive help and try to defeat your "horrid" pressures. Things will get better for you in the future.

4 comments:

  1. I disagree with your opinion. The Bible does not say God sends people to Hell who kill themselves. Maybe he doesn't want them to take their own life, but he won't send them to Hell for it. You don't always know how bad a situation is, unless you are the person. I had a friend who reached out for help, I did everything I could but it wasn't enough. Life was too hard for her. I forgave her because she couldn't change the situation she was in. Yes, we went to court trying to take her from her parents and it didn't work, she had no other family and was hopeless. She couldn't wait for things to get better in the future because it was too far away. You say it's "not a forgiven sin" but in the Bible, it says all sins are forgiven. It may not just be peers that are hurting them, it could also be family. You never know. People don't tell everyone every little thing that happens to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, about your going to hell idea because that's how I was raised too. Also I don't really have much if any sympathy for anyone when they decide to commit suicide. It is wrong and a REALLY stupid and selfish decision you can not take back. Once it is done your dead and for all you know the next day could have been great, but they will never know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree with this very much so. I was also raised with this view on things. Many teenagers, as said earlier, do not understand that once they have killed themselves they wont be coming back. There are no problems, in my opinion, that cannot be overcome with some help and support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with kaitlin. He won't be sending every kid who commits suicide to hell, I mean the kid may have obeyed every commandment, but had a hard life they couldn't deal with even with God in there life. So i would forgive them, because I'd understand how much pain they were in. What if they did real hard to get help ,but it wasn't enough? I believe God would forgive there sin, so I would ,too.

    ReplyDelete